Watch this webinar to explore the value of Positive Behaviour Support and how it impacts the need for regulated restrictive practices.
– What is a restrictive practice (RP) under the NDIS rules.
– What does it mean when a RP is recommended as part of your behaviour support plan.
– What is Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), and what role do Behaviour Support Practitioners play?
– How does PBS reduce the need for restrictive practices
– What is the difference between PBS & Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
– Where can I find more information about Restrictive Practices and Positive Behaviour Support
This webinar is for all parents, carers and support persons of an individual who displays behaviours of concern. This webinar may help you better understand if a person you support requires positive behaviour support services and what you can expect from such services.
- NDIS – Restrictive Practices and Behaviour Support Rules 2018
- Regulated Restrictive Practices Guide, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, version 1.1, October 2020
- Evidence Matters: Developing Quality Behaviour Support Plans
- Autism Spectrum Australia: Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)
- 3 ways that Positive Behaviour Support is different from ABA, Autism360