Looking for support to transition successfully from school to employment in 2017?
This program is ideal for school-leavers seeking supports under either the NDIS School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) Program, or ADHC’s Transition to Work (TTW) Program.
We believe that people prepare best for work, in work. For this reason, our innovative program is based in an operating business, giving job seekers a combination of one-on-one personalised support, group training sessions and practical work experience in our social enterprise Jigsaw.
The program structure outlined here reflects a “typical” program, but can be adapted to the requirements of each individual job seeker based on the supports required to achieve their employment goals.
Typical Program Structure
Individual Employment Support
- 3 hours/week
- One-on-one Mentoring Sessions
- One-on-one training and practical skill development in Jigsaw
Employment Preparation and Support in a Group
- 15 hours/week
- Guaranteed Work Experience in Jigsaw
- Small Group Training Sessions
Participants in Fighting Chance’s transitions program move through 5 steps during their time with us:
- Stage 1: Goal Setting
- Stage 2: Introduction to Employment/Workplace
- Stage 3: Skills Building Through Work Experience
- Stage 4: Job Readiness
- Stage 5: Transition to Employment in Jigsaw Outsourcing
Additional Supports Available on Request
- Travel Training to and from Fighting Chance
- Transition to Education i.e. TAFE/ University/Further Study)
- Specialist Mentoring
- Life Coaching
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The NDIS is currently rolling out in Northern Sydney from July 1 2016. This program is available under School Leaver Assistance or Transition to Work so if you are interested in this program and would like assistance in preplanning please contact us and we will be happy to help.